DIRECTOR - ORIGINATION & SALES
Position: Director – Origination & Sales
Location: Irvine, California
Employer: Vasari Energy
Vasari Energy was established to develop, engineer, build, and operate utility-scale electric power plants that produce reliable and clean energy. Our growth strategy is to own and operate solar energy power plants worldwide. The Company believes that this involvement will allow us to better ensure, with our experienced personnel that our projects are well-planned, structured and managed, thus maximizing value creation.
Director - Origination & Sales
The Director of Origination and Sales is a full-time position that reports directly to the CEO.
- Originates, structures, negotiates, and closes deals for large-scale solar plants with corporate energy buyers.
- Develops and submits competitive proposals, negotiates term sheets, and negotiates and closes asset sale agreements and long term PPAs.
- Leads transactions from origination through contract execution; negotiates MOUs and final PPAs
- Works closely with the CEO and Director of Project Development to coordinate proposals for pipeline of utility-scale projects
- Develops long-term sales plan, sales forecasts and goals and provides regular updates to forecasts
- Sources and builds new customer relationships and sales channels.
- Keeps current in all customer, industry, state/regional market structures, government affairs and regulatory policy technologies, services and expertise across the entire solar value chain
- Experience in sourcing, proposing, structuring, negotiating, and closing highly complex, Utility Scale projects
- Experience with asset sale and PPA transactions with utilities and corporate energy buyers
- Experience in energy transactions and power trading.
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the power industry - Renewable energy market sector preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Legal, Finance or related field -M.B.A. Preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret legal contracts, financial reports, and other documents as required to perform the job requirements.
- Prepare written communications and PowerPoint presentations that are clear, succinct, and compelling.
- Ability to present effectively to senior executives
- Ability to clearly and rapidly define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Resume, including prior relevant work experience and graduation month/year and GPA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.