Are you ready to make a difference?
We are a growing company with expanding opportunities in the United States and emerging markets.
Current Opening Job:
Director of Project Development (Solar)
Location: Irvine, California
Employer: Vasari Energy
Vasari Energy was established to develop, engineer, build, and operate utility-scale electric power plants that produce reliable and clean energy. Our growth strategy is to own and operate solar energy power plants worldwide. The Company believes that this involvement will allow us to better ensure, with our experienced personnel that our projects are well-planned, structured and managed, thus maximizing value creation.
Director of Project Development (Solar)
The Director of Project Development is responsible for managing all phases of large scale solar project development, including the identification, evaluation and realization of projects. The position reports directly to the CEO.
- Works with CEO to identify, acquire and develop utility-scale solar sites
- Assists CEO in identifying and securing power customers and/or transactions, and managing the pipeline of prospects
- Interfaces and coordinates with external consultants to ensure the viability of identified projects through thorough analysis and appropriate project management;
- Participates in or leads due diligence of projects, as appropriate;
- Serves as liaison between the project development and financial analysis teams to ensure that the deal structure, economic and tax assumptions are properly analyzed;
- Schedules tasks and prepare regular progress reports;
- Prepares presentations to CEO as requested;
- Obtains supporting data including competitive intelligence on market opportunities for new projects;
- Closely follows industry trends and competitor activities, including regulatory/ financial incentives, power pricing and structured financing transactions;
- Prepares project budgets and assists CEO in the completion budget reviews; and
- All other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience in the development of large scale renewable energy, particularly Utility Scale Solar PV power projects in US
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or similar discipline (Graduate degree preferred)
- Experience in managing the solar energy development process
- Intimate knowledge of the renewable energy power market and its dynamics; the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends, including building and maintaining strong relationships with off-takers and industry leaders
- Impressive track record closing large renewable energy deals
- Strong prioritization, communication and organizational skills; and the ability to quickly work into new tasks and accommodate with new circumstances
- Must have an entrepreneurial attitude and a diplomatic approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Resume, including prior relevant work experience and graduation month/year and GPA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Why Vasari Energy?
We create opportunities to achieve the extraordinary and reward success.
At Vasari Energy we are building a world-class organization by providing exciting work environments, challenging projects, and opportunities for career growth. We reward performance and results with competitive compensation packages that include some of the most sought-after benefits in the business.
In addition to market-driven base salaries, salaried Vasari employees are eligible for annual and other incentive programs.
Our Passion for Excellence and Innovation
What are your priorities for your future career? If you share our passion for excellence and innovation, we invite you to learn more about Vasari and the exceptional career opportunities we can provide. When you join Vasari, you set out on a journey that will lead as far as your ambition and drive can take you. You become part of a global team of exceptional and diverse individuals, united by our dedication to excellence and to delivering market leading solutions and tailored service to our clients across the globe. At Vasari we recognize that our businesses thrive thanks to the energy, skill, and commitment to client focus of our highly qualified and diverse team. To attract and retain the very best, we offer a performance-oriented environment, exciting opportunities for career development, and a culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
Thrive in a learning culture
Do you share our conviction that continuous learning and development are vital to creating a successful career path? We are passionate about strengthening our learning culture – and we encourage you to take the initiative to grow alongside the brightest and the best in the industry. We are developing initiatives for business-specific education and training to provide continuous support for the personal and professional development you seek. Vasari’s policy is to play a key role in helping you achieve your full potential because we know that we will only grow if our people grow. We are committed to investing in your talent and to ensuring that you continue to develop throughout your career with the firm. Our Performance Measurement and Management process will help you to achieve your long-term potential by establishing your career aspirations, enhancing your skills, and measuring your contribution – every step of the way.
Key talent development
Vasari’s key talent development process includes leadership development programs, mentoring and coaching, and a range of other measures to teach people new skills. High-potential employees at early and mid-career are identified using consistent criteria. Development opportunities are closely coordinated to help ensure that future senior managers have consistent knowledge of Vasari and its strategy. Employees moving into senior leadership positions, including those identified as key position holders, become part of a leadership development process managed by Vasari.
Take the Next Step
We work every day to secure success for our clients, our firm and for ourselves as individuals. If you share our vision and values and would like to find out more about our firm and the range of opportunities we can offer you, please contact us.