Solar Development Fund
Vasari Solar Partners is a solar power plant development fund that pools the capital of many investors to indirectly invest in a portfolio of professionally managed solar power plant development projects. The Fund develops power plants that will generate electricity to sell to utilities under long-term contracts. By including solar development in a diversified portfolio, investors can work to achieve returns that are not correlated with listed equities.
Vasari Solar Partners intends to build a high-quality portfolio of utility scale solar power plant development projects. With a goal of delivering value for investors, a three-pronged strategic approach is used to acquire and develop solar power plants. Please note there is no assurance that these objectives will be met and factors could cause actual results to vary materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements.
Vasari Solar Partners intends to invest in the following categories:
Sale or Construction of Permitted Projects
- Buyers of electricity are typically rated investment-grade by Moody's Investor Services and Standard & Poor's.
- Projects typically have a contract with a utility company of 10 to 20 years to purchase electricity.
- Contracted cash flow is very attractive to institutional investors such as pension funds, insurance companies, and investment managers who may ultimately finance the construction and operation of the power plants.
Project Development Offers Greatest Return Potential
Project developers should offer the best returns across the renewable energy value chain, as they are a lynch pin in delivering government targets and have the greatest opportunity to add value:
- Competitive pressures limit margins for equipment suppliers;
- Large cap developers rarely deliver the most economically attractive projects; and
- Providers of novel technology offer substantial upside, but with greater risk.