We offer performance of standard activities associated with operating and maintaining solar power systems. Although the scope of services may vary by contract, O&M service arrangements generally include 24/7 system monitoring, certain PPA and other agreement compliance, North American Electric Reliability Corporation compliance, Large Generator Interconnection Agreement compliance, energy forecasting, performance engineering analysis, regular performance reporting, turn-key maintenance services including spare parts and corrective maintenance repair, warranty management, and environmental services.
Operations and maintenance activities can also include routine and outage/turnaround maintenance services, general maintenance and asset management, and restorative, repair, predictive and prevention services.
Drivers for Improved O&M
- Increase efficiency and energy delivery (kWh/kW)
- Decrease downtime (hours/year) • Extend system lifetime (25–40 years)
- Reduce cost of O&M ($/kW/year) • Ensure safety and reduce risk
- Enhance appearance and image
- Often required in financing and warranty
- Billing; accounting
- Hiring subcontractors
- Enforcement of warranties
- Management of budget and reserves
- Metering for revenue
- Alarms and Diagnostics
- Preventive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance (repair). Unplanned or condition-based. Possible expenditure is kept in reserve or line-of-credit
Operations and Performance Engineering
Supervising, Controlling and Optimizing Your Plant’s Performance in Real Time.
- Real-time plant monitoring and control
- Forecasting and scheduling (in select markets)
- Utility interface and compliance with regulatory authorities
- Reporting to investors
- Warranty administration and advocacy
- Maintenance coordination and communication
Increase Production and Lower Expenses to Maximize Profitability.
- Predictive maintenance enablement
- Continuous DC plant commissioning
- Data accuracy validation
- Weekly performance engineering reviews
- Monthly in-depth performance analysis report
- Web portal with maintenance recommendations
Minimize Downtime. Protect Asset Value.
- Module cleaning and vegetation abatement
- Grounds maintenance, pest control, water/waste, etc.
- End-to-end power plant maintenance (DC and AC)
- Safety focus
- Spare parts, inventory, and supply chain management
- Maintenance scheduling with grid operators
- Development of plant-specific procedures
- Night-time scheduled maintenance for lowest production impact